The Top Apartment Moving Checklist For Greenwood
There’s a dizzying number of tasks to think about when you move to a new Greenwood apartment community. Following a smartly prepared list will help things go in an orderly fashion. It is critical in helping you remember all the necessary steps, stay focused, and feel more in control. To assist in making your future moves more stress-free, we’ve assembled these important details for your apartment moving checklist in Greenwood.
8 Weeks Prior To Your Move: Time to Prepare
- Make an actual list. Utilize our recommendations to get started on your Greenwood apartment moving checklist and keep adding jobs to it when you remember something else.
- Reach out to your current community. Most leases call for a written notice signed two months before moving out.
- Understand your exiting requirements, such as repairing damage, cleaning, and scheduling a walk-through. Incorporate these items into your checklist.
6 Weeks Until Your Move: Get Ready For The Big Day
You’re now ready to plan your moving day and schedule movers.
- Settle anything that’s still pending with your new apartment complex in Greenwood. Confirm your move-in date, review the move-in process, and finish any documents that still need to be signed.
- Enlist a moving company or rent a truck. Reserve as soon as possible so that your requested moving date can be accommodated.
- Make babysitting or pet-sitting plans for moving day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Prior To Moving Day: Box It Up
- Assemble boxes and moving supplies.
- Begin packing non-vital goods and eliminating things you no longer want. Remind yourself to label every box!
- Repair any damages you are responsible for in your old apartment to get your deposit back.
- Update your insurance coverage with your new home.
- Fill out a change of address form and arrange for the forwarding of your mail by the USPS.
- Request your utility transfers or create new billing arrangements for electric, gas, cable.
- Update your employer, financial institutions, and others of your change of address.
- Look up where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new community.
1 Week Before Moving Day: Make Last-Minute Preparations
This week is sure to be demanding yet exhilarating as you make your final preparations.
- Reaffirm your arrangements with movers or the truck rental company and make sure they have addresses and directions when your day arrives.
- Complete your packing. Set aside an overnight bag for the first couple days in your new apartment, and find a prudent method to store valuables and important documents to keep close at hand.
- Sweep up your old place as you finish packing. .
- Pick up your new keys and make a first pass of your new apartment. Identify and inform management of any maintenance issues.
- Get an idea where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will best fit within your new apartment floor plan.
Your Day Has Arrived: Keep Your Checklist Close!
- Drop off children and pets with caregivers until the job is complete.
- Work with the team of professionals as they pack and unpack the moving van or truck. Be sure to tip them and submit the last payment.
- Finish the closing walk-through at your previous unit.
- Ensure you have utilities up and running along with functioning smoke alarms.
- Set up the bare necessities at your new home, such as bedrooms, eating utensils, and toiletries.
Put Touring Bayshore Apartments On Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Greenwood
You need to locate a new home before you begin packing. What about Bayshore Apartments? Our representatives are excited to give you an in-person or video tour of our lovely complex and help you find the perfect floor plan for you. Make visiting us part of your list of things to do and dial 317-886-1849 or schedule a tour today to see what we have to offer.