When you need to do a complete clean-out or your Greenwood apartment really looks grubby, a thorough cleaning can get it neat and tidy again. It’s not difficult to get overburdened when trying to do more than you can handle at once. In order to make tidying up your unit less stressful, we’ve came up with an apartment cleaning checklist for Greenwood Residents.
Your Greenwood Apartment Cleaning Checklist For Each Area
Start with these chores in all spaces of your place before taking on specific rooms to be as efficient as possible. Utilize this apartment cleaning checklist for Greenwood to keep track of everything.
- Eliminate clutter.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Dust places where dust settles like the top of door frames.
- Clean walls and baseboards.
- Remove grime from windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Wash or dust window coverings.
- Clean doorknobs and high-touch areas with a Clorox wipe.
- Use a mop or vacuum on floors and treat stains.
- Don’t forget to dust the blades and all other areas of your apartment’s ceiling fans.
- Take out the trash.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Whether you enjoy having friends over or unwinding alone in a quiet space, make your living room cozy and inviting with a proper cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. You should consider a pet hair attachment or lint roller if you have pets.
- Dust flat surfaces and everything on them.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Revive wood pieces by polishing.
- Use disinfecting products on high-touch items like remotes.
- Ensure that remotes, coasters, and other needed accessories are found nearby.
Cleaning Checklist for Dining Rooms
The majority of dirty areas in the dining room are from food. When dealing with food remnants clinging to a tabletop or floor, position a slightly moistened rag on top of it for a few moments to soften it a bit.
- Sweep crumbs off the table and chairs and spot-clean sticky spots.
- Dust chair legs and backs.
- Give wood tables a good poslishing or employ a spray-on cleaner on your glass furniture.
- Use a soft duster to remove dust from any open shelves with glass or dishware.
Apartment Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Kitchens are often messy and sticky from your daily meal prep. You could go with store-bought cleaners to deal with those greasy stains, but a handful of all-natural materials can do the job as well.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a soft cloth moistened with soapy water and follow with a a clean, slightly dampened cloth].
- Clean off kitchen counters with the right cleaning solution for your specific material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Scrub your kitchen sink with a paste of baking soda and water. A few shakes of baking soda sprinked down the disposal will aid in removing odors. Follow it with water after about 10 minutes.
- Run a hot water cycle on the dishwasher with a container of vinegar in the top rack. Then wipe out the unit with a clean rag.
- Get a cup of water boiling in the microwave to let the steam work on any stuck-on gunk. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- You can remove and wash stove burner parts in a sink. Spray the door to your oven and stovetop with a cleaner or a one-to-one mix of household vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Abide by your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or just use the mix of baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Employ a mild soap or an equal blend of vinegar and water to clean the the fridge shelves and interior; then wipe away whatever’s left with a sponge of soft cloth. Then move it and get the floor below with a broom.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you despise dealing with dirty bathrooms, do easy cleaning tasks every day to keep the bathroom from getting too filthy.
- Wide down your mirror above the sink with a spray-on cleaner and a clean cloth.
- Disinfect all surfaces with the right product for your material or a solution of water and vinegar on a cloth.
- Wipe down cabinets with a mild liquid soap and follow with a damp cloth.
- Give the toilet a quick brush.
- Wipe off your toilet exterior with disinfectant or vinegar.
- Tackle the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Greenwood
You’ll sleep better when your bedroom’s clean!
- Straighten up or readjust your closet.
- Use a duster for flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Launder the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Collect any errant dirty clothes and throw them in the hamper.
- Use a broom to dust underneath your bed frame.
Find Your New Home At Bayshore Apartments
A dirt-free unit is great, but sometimes you need a new apartment entirely. You should consider the spacious, luxury apartments at Bayshore. Call our leasing team at 317-886-1849 or schedule a tour to view your options.