How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Greenwood
Remote work is the new way of life for countless people, no matter if you live in a multi-bedroom house or a studio apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t experience the benefit of an additional bedroom to serve as your home office, but you are still able to fashion a worthy place to work. Review these easy tips and discover how to make a home office in a small apartment in Greenwood.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Greenwood
- Pick the right desk. Finding an appropriately sized desk to accommodate your room is important. If you work with a laptop, your desk only needs to be around 20 inches deep. The surface should be around 28 inches from the floor and may be as wide as you can fit. Make sure you have room for an extra monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a video meeting going, and various other windows open. Really short on square footage? Try a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when you’re not using.
- Where might your desk go? If you can tuck your desk conveniently into a corner, wonderful! But you might need to get more innovative when positioning. A slim desk might be placed directly behind a couch. You might use a small rug and lamp to identify the spot as your home office. An open wall on one side of a room will also work nicely. Hang some art or intermix some plantlife so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re tight on space, use your desk for multiple functions. Move it next to your bed and let it serve as a nightstand. Or don’t use a desk at all and work from your bartop or dining room table.
- Use floating shelves. These home office space savers work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have more space for decor or supplies and can easily blend shelving into your room’s unique layout.
Want To Mix Things Up? Try The Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like another option in your own living quarters? Incorporate a compact standing desk to change your perspective and improve blood flow. An affordable adjustable laptop stand may help get your device at the right height.
Here are a handful of additional space-saving items you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Greenwood:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that works nicely beneath your work area
- Small storage units that can fasten to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud roommates and kids
Fashion Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Bayshore Apartments
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at Bayshore Apartments. We have many different floor plans available to suit your remote workspace needs. Request a tour of our Greenwood property or contact us at 317-886-1849 if you would like more information.